How Emotional Intelligence Helps Build Outstanding Leadership Qualities
Business Management Review |
Emotional intelligence has been linked to professional and personal success, motivation, and overall well-being.
Fremont, CA: Emotional intelligence is the ability to perceive, comprehend, and manage one's own and others' feelings and emotions.
What Role does Emotional Intelligence Play in the Workplace?
In a survey of over 2,600 recruiting managers, 71 percent agreed that strong EQ is more important than high IQ.
They gave the following reasons when they asked why:
• Employees with a high EQ are better at remaining calm under pressure.
• They listen just as much, if not more, than they speak.
• They set a good example.
• They are more deliberate in their business judgments.
• They are good at taking criticism and admitting and learning from their mistakes.
• They are emotionally stable and can thoughtfully and maturely discuss complex and sensitive matters.
• They are capable of resolving conflicts effectively.
• They show empathy for their employees and respond appropriately.
Emotional Intelligence: How to Improve It• Take a breather before speaking, acting, or reacting. This causes early urges to go away, allowing for clear thought and reasoning.
• Pay attention to what others are saying. Listening permits us to understand others' needs and feelings better.
• Make an effort to keep your thoughts under control. We have no control over what occurs to us or the emotions we experience in the present, but we can control how we respond to them if we practice thinking in a specific way.
• Give compliments to others. Appreciating others regularly helps your brain to focus on the positive aspects of others, which fosters empathy and allows you to understand their needs and motives better.
This content is copyright protected
However, if you would like to share the information in this article, you may use the link below: